Biology: Sandra's Bookmarks
Courses and textbooks On-Line
- BLC Home Page
- Biology Learning Centre. An excellent site for biology teachers. Several biology courses on on-line with lecture notes, problems sets, exams.
Genetics is BIO 320, Molecular Biology is BIO 411 and Introductory Biology is BIO 181. Also, several honours biology student
projects are on-line; some of them are even activity-type and could be used with high school students. A must-see site for biology teachers.
- Intermediate Genetics
- Course notes, overhead masters, assignments, etc. Good source of information. Also includes student essays on a variety of topics.
- The World Lecture Hall
- Very good site. This site has a variety of courses in biology,including biotechnology. Course notes, assignments, tests, and case studies are included.
- General Biology
- This site includes an excellent list of genetics and ethics resources, along with topics in biotechnology.
- Biology Teachers...Unplugged
- This site was designed by a Biology teacher in Ontario. It is for students, with lots of interactive stuff, including quizzes and fetal pig dissection. However, it is a neat site for teachers too.
- Evolution Entrance
- Theory and history of evolutionary thought. Excellent site for good background information.
- Laura Spitznogle's Biology Home Page
- Lists lots of sites in biology.
- Medical and Scientific Information Online
- Very good site for information on genetic defects, sex education, prenatal diagnosis, as well as original scientific and medical articles.
- Welcome to Stanford MedWorld!
- This site is for Med Students, but it is an excellent site. Lots of short articles on a variety of health related topics.
- General Science
- A comprehensive news server for up-to-date research in science, medicine, and engineering. Excellent site. News posted daily. Produced by AAAS and Stanford and Duke Universities.
- Helios - Daily Science News
- Up-to-date news items in science and biology. Also provides other links. This site is a good one for keeping current on events in science.
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators - Home Page
- This site is a listing to various links in the field of education in general, and specific subject areas.
- Welcome to INFOMINE: Scholarly Internet Resource Collections
- This is another type of search engine to help locate information in any area of the sciences.
- Discover Magazine - Archive Library
- Discover Magazine On-Line. The archive library lists most articles from previous issues from the past few years. The current issue of the magazine can also be viewed, but only select articles are in full text. A useful resource.
- Science Magazine