High School Biology: DNA
Cystic Fibrosis: Role of Proteins in Gene Expression
- Production of disfunctional membrane protein that controls chloride
ion movement across cell membranes of the cells of the respiratory passages
of the lungs and other organs of the body.
- Chloride ions are trapped in the cells of the respiratory passages causing
thickening the mucus in the respiratory passages.
- Relationship of the Structure of Proteins to their Functions.
- Amino Acids
- Primary Structure (Sequence of Amino Acids)
- Secondary Structures(alpha helices or beta sheets)
- Tertiary Structure (3-D Folding)
- Quaternary Structure (Association of 2 or more polypeptide chains)
Chromosomes, Genes, Alleles, and Gene Loci
DNA & Chromosome Replication
Video: DNA Replication